King Edward VII 1904 Farthing
- Diameter : 20mm, Weight : 2.834g
- Mintage 3,628,800
- Value ranges from £1.00 - £55.00 and above, depending on condition (Source Collectors Coins GB 2009)
- 1904 farthings were chemically darkened, to avoid the being confused for half sovereigns, these were very similar in size. Some were done with a full lustre giving an additional coin.
- Place your mouse over the image to magnify , use arrow up and down to zoom in and out, finally, click the image to see full coin, click again to return.
- There are 1 known varieties of this coin.
What Happened in 1904?
- Radar is patented by Christian Hulsmeyer.
- A telephone answering machine is invented.
- Marconi Co establishes "CQD" as 1st intl radio distress signal.
- The comic book is invented.
- 1st main line electric train in UK (Liverpool to Southport
- Ice cream cone makes its debut.
- Dali Lama signs treaty allowing British commerce in Tibet.
- George Bernard Shaws "John Bull's Other Island," premieres in London.