King George VI 1950 Farthing
- Diameter : 20mm, Weight : 2.838g
- Mintage 10,324,800
- Value ranges from £0.10 - £5.00 and above, depending on condition (Source Collectors Coins GB 2009)
1937 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1941 | 1942 | 1943 | 1944 | 1945 | 1946 | 1947 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1951 | 1952
- Place your mouse over the image to magnify , use arrow up and down to zoom in and out, finally, click the image to see full coin, click again to return.
There is 1 known variety of this coin.
What Happened in 1950?
- Great Brinks Robbery: 11 thieves steal more than $2 million from an armored car in Boston, Massachusetts
- Albert Einstein warns that nuclear war could lead to mutual destruction.
- The first race in the inaugural FIA Formula One World Championship is held at Silverstone, England.
- United States defeats England 1-0 in the 1950 FIFA World Cup.
- Mt. Etna erupts in Sicily.
- Scottish nationalists take the Stone of Scone from Westminster Abbey.
- The Peak District becomes Britain's first National Park.