King George VI 1952 Farthing
- Diameter : 20mm, Weight : 2.838g
- Mintage 5,251,200
- Value ranges from £0.10 - £6.00 and above, depending on condition (Source Collectors Coins GB 2009)
1937 | 1938 | 1939 | 1940 | 1941 | 1942 | 1943 | 1944 | 1945 | 1946 | 1947 | 1948 | 1949 | 1950 | 1951 | 1952
- Place your mouse over the image to magnify , use arrow up and down to zoom in and out, finally, click the image to see full coin, click again to return.
There is 1 known variety of this coin.
What Happened in 1952?
- United Kingdom Prime Minister Winston Churchill announces that his nation has an atomic bomb.
- The first passenger jet flight route between London and Johannesburg.
- Lynmouth, North Devon, England is devastated by floods; 34 die.
- A British passenger jet flies twice over the Atlantic Ocean in the same day.
- Martial law is declared in Kenya due to the Mau Mau uprising.
- Twelve-year-old Jimmy Boyd's record of I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus is released, selling 3 million records