Queen Victoria Young Head Farthing 1853
- Diameter : 22mm Weight : 4.7g
- Mintage - 1,028,628
- Value ranges from £3.00 - £200.00 depending on condition and type (Source Collectors Coins GB 2009)
1838 | 1839 | 1840 | 1841 | 1842 | 1843 | 1844 | 1845 | 1846 | 1847 | 1848 | 1849 | 1850 | 1851 | 1852 | 1853 | 1854 | 1855 | 1856 | 1857 | 1858 | 1859
- Place your mouse over the image to magnify , use arrow up and down to zoom in and out, finally, click the image to see full coin, click again to return.
- There are 15 known varieties of this coin.
What Happened in 1853?
- jul 08 - Commodore Matthew Perry sails into Edo Bay, Japan to force Japan to establish diplomatic and trade relation with the U.S.
Russia and Turkey are fighting again.
Envelopes made by paper folding machine.
Telegraph cable links England and Ireland
Unsuccessfull Crystal Palace exposition held in New York
Franklin Pierce becomes the 14th president of the U.S.
Haussman redesigns Paris
Edgar Degas opens his first studio in Paris.